We are Hiring! Junior Structural Engineer…
RJR Engineering, P.C. is looking for an entry level Structural Engineer to work under the direct supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer. The work consists primarily of performing various structural design duties on assigned projects including industrial process areas, structural steel and platforms, concrete, masonry, and timber systems, and various foundation types. Civil engineering design tasks may also be assigned, as well as various other disciplines from time to time.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited program and be interested in growing and developing their own abilities and interests. A background (work experience and/or relevant coursework) in steel and reinforced concrete design is required. Knowledge of 2D and 3D design software (AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks, STAAD, etc.) is also desired.
General functions and duties will include:
- Responsible for performing structural analysis, design and detailing of steel, concrete, masonry, and timber systems.
- Coordination of design work with in-house staff as well as other design professionals including Architects and other Engineering disciplines.
- Assist project manager(s) in developing bids, proposals, scopes of work, scope changes, correspondence, estimates, schedules, material lists, design concepts, design drawings, calculations, and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines.
- Perform engineering assignments that may require critical thinking and creativity to address unique structural elements that have limited or no specific code based guidance.
- Resourceful and comfortable with both field and office assignments.
- Work independently on small project tasks or assists more senior engineers on larger projects.
- Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility.
Are you interested in a career at RJR? Email your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RJR Engineering, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, creed, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, uniformed services status, genetic information, conviction status or any other characteristic protected by law, rule or regulation (“Protected Classes”).